Saturday, March 14, 2009

Engaging Your Audience

You have absolutely got to love YouTube... almost anything you want to know... its there, and its visual! Those are my kinda answers!

I must admit that I'm no handy man, but I needed to repair a hole in the wall (thanks to no door stop and a temper outburst... embarrassing). The video I found helped me to get the job done. It was no problem.
But better than that... the video I found not only showed me what to do in an incredibly simple manner, but it was humorous and memorable. My kids make me play it all the time now!

So whats this got to do with running a youth ministry?
Well, this video could have just delivered the info and it may have been helpful. But the author took it to a whole nutha level! The humor made me engage and come back to the message again and again.

How are our messages?
Do they engage people?
Do people connect (humor is one of the best connectors)?
Are people coming back wanting more?

Give the videos a watch and leave a comment with your thoughts.










A great quote by Sydney J Harris says, "Information is 'giving out' while communicating is 'getting through".

Till next time...

Godspeed & Kaizan
Clive

No comments: