Monday, February 2, 2009

You Are Responsible For The Outcome!

Well summer is flying by! I can't believe that we are in february already! I trust that you have had a chance to rest and recieve refreshment and renewed vision and passion from Jesus. 09 is going to be amazing! Remember friends, "The best is yet to come!" as Brian Houstan always like to declare.

Check the sidebar for the upcoming events this year. You won't want to miss out on any of these little beauties!!!


I've been in ministry for a long time now... some 13 years. I have a great passion for quotes and I've picked up a few beauties along the way. One of my favourites says this, "It is a sin to make the God of the Bible boring!"

With this in mind I have a great extract to share with you out of Seth Godin's latest book called 'Tribes':
"If you hear my idea but don't believe it, it's not your fault; its mine.
If you see my new product but don't buy it, thats my failure not yours.
If you attend my presentation and you're bored, that is my fault too.
If I fail to persuade you to implement a policy that supports my tribe, thats due to my lack of passion or skill, not your shortsightedness.
If you are a student in my class and you don't learn what I'm teaching, I've let you down.
It's really easy to insist that people read the manual. It's really easy to blame the user/student/prospect/customer for not trying hard, for being too stupid to get it, or for not caring enough to pay attention. It might even be tempting to blame those in your tribe who aren't working as hard at following as you are at leading. But none of this is helpful.

What's helpful is to realize that you have a choice to make when you communicate. You can design your products to be easy to use. you can write so your audience hears you. You can present in a place and in a way that gaurantees that the people you want to listen will hear you. Most of all, you will choose who will understand (and who won't)."


How do you see this extract pertaining to your ministry tht God has called you to steward?
I would love to hear some of your thoughts through commenting on this post.

No comments: