Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Interns and Evaluations - How To Take Over The World


Hey gang... I've been on leave so I'm really relaxed. Last Tuesday evening I got season 5 of Alias ... and by 9:30pm on Saturday we had finished all 17 episodes - that's what I'm talking about!

I actually have hardly been on the web this past 2 weeks but I found 2 great posts for us to think on.
The first is a post by Seth Godin. Seth had a summer internship program and he had a really interesting way of sifting out applicants. Check it out HERE.
In my experience having an intern can either be the greatest blessing or the greatest drag to your ministry. Too often we are so keen to get help we'll just take anyone. If you haven't made this mistake yet... please take heed.
Luckily I haven't had nightmarish interns in quiet some time.

In fact if you are interested in utilizing this great win-win situation I strongly recommend
Vision College's internship program. The Interns have 5 block courses they attend, get some study to do in their correspondence study days, serve in their local church a minimum of 15 hours a week, and because this course is considered full time study the government can give the usual benefits to full time students. Why wouldn't you?! Vision's web site again - just click HERE.

Anyways, on to the next very interesting post by Pastor Craig Groeschel. Craig is in the process of writting 3 intreresting posts on questions that we should constantly be asking ourselves in ministy. Thus far he has only written the first of 3. To see it just click
HERE.

It is so easy getting stuck in the week to week grind of ministry. I find myself in the hamster wheel all too often. Perhaps we should have at least one day a month to reflect and evaluate. I wonder what difference this will make to our city if we put this one thing into practice over the next 18 months?!

Lastly, don't forget that this friday we have our Vision Youth Network meeting at the Elim Church on Te Rapa road from 2-4pm. We'd love to have you there!

Godspeed & Kaizan

Clive

No comments: